Lemon & Lavender Shortbread Cookies
My daughter Colleen and I decided to try our hand at baking using the new Young Living Vitality line of Essential Oils. This is an easy and healthy way to add flavor to your baked goods by using all natural ingredients. We baked a Lemon and Lavender Shortbread Cookie recipe that turned out delicious!! There is just the right amount of lemon zing coupled with the lavender is truly amazing. Why not try a batch of your own?
Recipe is as follows:
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 12 mins Total time: 32 mins
Makes 36 cookies
- 1 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 10 drops of Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
- 4 drops of Lavender Vitality Essential Oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/8 teaspoons of salt
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of organic sugar
- Combine the confectioners sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, the zest of 1 lemon and the Vitality Essential Oils until well blended in a glass bowl
- Add flour, a little at a time, until dough forms
- Form into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (about half an hour)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl combine the zest of the remaining lemon and the organic sugar
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick, then sprinkle with the lemon zest & sugar mixture
- Cut the dough into squares or circles then transfer to the baking sheet
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes until cookies are slightly brown.
- Cool on a wire rack & serve!
We cut the dough into 2 inch square sized cookies and kept re-rolling out the dough until it was all used up. A delicious way to end the day!
Would you like us to send you the latest?
Error: Contact form not found.